Categories : Blog / News, Cultural life
Eastbourne, East Sussex is the perfect place to holiday and study in the UK with its idyllic seaside location and beautiful countryside surroundings.
Discover Eastbourne: Appropriately named the ‘Sunshine Coast’ Eastbourne is officially the UK’s sunniest spot, making it the perfect place for beach days, BBQs and exploring the beautiful South Downs.
Eastbourne is located at the foot of the South Downs National Park and Beachy Head where we often take our students out for walks and to view the beautiful scenery. It is also the perfect place for bike rides for those who are feeling a bit more adventurous.
Whether you are a young person looking for a fun, energetic holiday or a family looking for a relaxed and entertaining visit, Eastbourne has it all! With its four theatres showcasing fantastic West End musicals, comedies and concerts there is sure to be a show to suit everyone.
Discover Eastbourne: Then why not try a new water sport (windsurfing, kayaking, sailing and much more!) or rollerblading along the promenade? Or you could just have a leisurely stroll along the pier and check out the cafes, bars, shops and tea rooms and even attempt a spot of fishing and catch your own dinner!
You can of course enjoy the traditional English dish of fish and chips from many of the fish and chip shops on the seafront and in town.
Discover Eastbourne: The town centre has many shops, cafes and restaurants on offer and clubs and bars to keep you entertained throughout the night including the big nightclub Atlantis at the end of the pier.
Eastbourne is also well known for being a really family friendly resort with plenty of attractions to keep the children entertained. Fort fun on the seafront offers rides, crazy golf and even go-karting. Ideally located next door you have a public indoor swimming pool where you can continue the family fun.
Discover Eastbourne and the ACCORD ISS Summer Schools:
- ACCORD ISS Moira House summer school for teens and children: Ideally situated within the prosperous, residential area of Meads, in the seaside town of Eastbourne, the ACCORD ISS summer school itself is located on high grounds with views of the sea and the town centre.
- ACCORD ISS Eastbourne summer school for young adults (+17).
East Sussex has lots of cultural and historic places of interest, a lot! For those of you who want to venture further afield out of Eastbourne here are the best things to see and do:
- Visit to Brighton – only 25 miles away and easily reached by a scenic bus route or by direct train. Explore the famous lanes, alternative shops and cafes, visit the royal pavilion and soak in the bohemian lifestyle.
- Visit Hastings – only 17 miles away and reached by train. This is the famous 1066 country where you can visit the first Norman castle to be built in England by William the Conqueror, experience the Smugglers Adventure and visit the Blue Reef Aquarium.
- Drusillas Park – voted the best small zoo in the country.
- Experience local English vineyards courtesy of English Vine Tours.
- Visit many historical towns and villages including Lewes, Alfriston, Rye and Battle.
Discover the ACCORD Language Schools