Activities and Sports at ACCORD ISS Bethany Summer School
First class facilities and academies
The ACCORD ISS summer programme offers a well-balanced timetable of English tuition, sport and fun activities combined with outings to recreational and cultural centres. We offer superb facilities for our sports in the summer school ACCORD ISS Bethany including:
- Sports hall
- Swedish style indoor heated swimming pool
- First-class sports fields
- Drama studio
- Art room
- Squash courts
- Tennis courts
- First class concert/assembly hall
- Social rooms
Activities and Sports at ACCORD ISS Bethany summer school
During the afternoons there is a choice of 5 to 6 activity options, at least two of which are non-sporting. Activities include, for example, football, basketball, swimming, rugby, rounders, cricket, volleyball, pool games, water polo, yoga, dance, board games, drama, jewellery making, art and craft, origami, music, tennis, dance (and many more!).
Every Friday afternoon, students will either visit the nearby town of Tunbridge Wells or go strawberry picking at a local farm. Every Friday evening there is a barbecue followed by a formal presentation of prizes and leavers’ certificates followed by a disco.
Evening entertainment can include quizzes, themed nights such as Sherlock Holmes or Alice in Wonderland, talent shows, discos and film nights, and so many more!
Excursions, which change weekly, take place on a Wednesday and Sunday. A full day in London is included, as well as other places of cultural interest. Our staff always accompany students on all visits. Hereunder are typical trips offered by ACCORD ISS:
- National Portrait Gallery, sightseeing in London; Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Westminster, Downing Street, Trafalgar Square and shopping
- Canterbury- cathedral, museum, walking tour of the city and shopping
- Buckingham Palace state rooms tour, watching the Changing of the Guard, picnic in St James`s Park and Leicester Square
- “Ripley’s Believe it or not” visit, sightseeing in London, Leicester Square and Oxford Street.
- Science Museum London, visit to Harrods, picnic in Hyde Park and walk in the Kensington area
- Hever Castle, once home of one of Henry VIII`s wives, Anne Boleyn, castle grounds and water maze
- Rye and Camber Sands – Visit to the historical town of Rye, museum, viewing tower of town, beach
All excursions, including entrance fees and tickets, are included in the weekly course fee. There are no additional costs.
Optional Activities and Sports at ACCORD ISS Bethany summer school:
Alongside the ACCORD ISS social and activity program we also have additional activities and sports available for students to book onto. These additional sports and activities are taught by fully qualified sports specific professionals so all students can expect to be challenged and motivated during the sessions.
The Paris Saint-Germain Academy England is also proposed at ACCORD ISS Bethany summer school..
Some of the ACCORD ISS optional Sports and Activities take place off-site at sports specific venues so that our students receive an all rounded experience of English Sporting venues and professional coaching. Students are also very welcome to bring their own equipment however all equipment is provided, so do not worry if your baggage is a little full!
ACCORD ISS Optional Sports and Activities are subject to availability and we recommend that students book onto additional sports activities as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Sports at ACCORD ISS Bethany summer school : Tennis
The biggest Lawn Tennis competition is held here in England, famously known as ‘Wimbledon’. ACCORD ISS work very closely with the Lawn Tennis Association to ensure that our Tennis Academy is taught by highly qualified coaches ensuring that our courses are challenging, rewarding and enjoyable.
Students are invited to bring along their own tennis equipment, however the school will provide all necessary equipment.
Students will receive 6 hours of tennis coaching, 2 hours per session with a total of 3 sessions per week.
Paris Saint-Germain Academy England
To read more about the Paris Saint-Germain Academy England, check out the Paris Saint-Germain Academy England pages or contact us!
Get on your dancing shoes this summer and learn with our very own ACCORD ISS, fully qualified dance instructors. Dance Academy is available at all of the ACCORD ISS summer schools and has proven to be a very popular optional activity with our students. We welcome all ages and abilities, and all students will be taught a variety of dancing styles from contemporary, street and even breakdancing.
Throughout the week, students will work in groups developing and practicing techniques and routines and then each group has the chance to perform to the rest of the school and students.
The Dance Academy courses run for six hours per week, with sessions running for two hours across three afternoons.
- Sports at ACCORD ISS Bethany summer school : First class facilities
- 5 to 6 activities to choose from each afternoon
- Evening entertainment including themed nights, talent shows and discos
- 3 full day excursions per two week stay
- 1 half day excursion per week to Tunbridge Wells or a local farm for strawberry picking
- Optional sports and activities available
- Paris Saint-Germain Academy England