Sports & Activities at Moira House
Social Programme to suit all ages
Our ACCORD ISS summer programme offers a well-balanced timetable of English tuition, sport and fun activities combined with outings to recreational and cultural centres. The school has superb facilities including:
- Sports hall
- Heated indoor swimming pool
- Well maintained sports fields
- Drama/dance studio
- Art room
- Cookery room
- Tennis courts
- First class concert/assembly hall
During the afternoons there is a choice of 4-6 activity options, at least two of which are non-sporting. Activities include, for example, football, basketball, swimming, rugby, hockey, rounders, table tennis, cricket, volleyball, water polo, yoga, dance, cookery, board games, drama, walk on the Downs, jewellery making, art and craft, origami, music and many more!
Every Friday afternoon, students have the opportunity to visit Eastbourne town centre and/or the beach. Every Friday evening there is a BBQ followed by a formal presentation of prizes and leavers’ certificates followed by a disco. Evening entertainment can include quiz games, themed nights such as Harry Potter or Sherlock Holmes, talent shows, discos, beach games, film nights just to name a few.
Excursions, which change weekly, take place on a Wednesday and Sunday. A full day in London is included, as well as other places of cultural interest. Our ACCORD ISS staff always accompany students on all visits. Below are some examples of trips:
- National Portrait Gallery, sightseeing in London; Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Westminster, Downing Street, Trafalgar Square and shopping
- Seven Sisters and Cuckmere Haven – to include a walk along the beautiful scenic countryside to the beach and a choice of various activities such as raft building, mountain biking, den building, etc.
- Buckingham Palace state rooms tour, watching the Changing of the Guard, picnic in St James`s Park and Leicester Square
- Hastings – Smugglers Caves, Hastings Castle and the 1066 Story followed by a walk in the old town and beach
- Science Museum London, visit to Harrods, picnic in Hyde Park and walk in the Kensington area
- Hever Castle, once home of Anne Boleyn, castle grounds and water maze
- Brighton – sightseeing, pier, pavilion, beach, the Lanes and shopping
All excursions, including entrance fees and tickets, are included in the weekly course fee. There are no additional costs.
Optional Activities and Sports at the ACCORD ISS Summer School
In addition to the inclusive sports and activities programme, it is possible to book additional activities and coaching in certain sports. This is perfect for students wishing to learn a new skill or continue practising their favourite hobby whilst in the UK. Some activities will take place off-site and are led by qualified professionals.
All equipment is provided, but some students prefer to bring their own.
Sailing / Kayaking
For students aged 12 years and above. Two hours on 3 afternoons per week. At Spray Sports Sailing Club on Eastbourne Beach. Fully qualified instructor.
For students aged 12 years and above.
Two hours on 3 afternoons per week. At Spray Sports Sailing Club on Eastbourne Beach.
Fully qualified instructor.
Coaching is available in small groups for players of all abilities for 2 hours on 3 afternoons per week (6 hours).
LTA Professional Licensed Coach.
On local course with Resident Golf Professional in small groups or individually 2 hours on 3 afternoons per week (6 hours).
At nearby equestrian centre for students of all abilities.
One hour sessions are available three times per week.
At Cuckmere Valley on either hilly or flat routes (according to standard), 3 afternoons per week (2 hours).
ISS Football Academy
Join the elite football training sessions led by FA qualified coaches. You will join the academy 3 afternoons a week for 2 hour sessions, integrating with English kids and developing your technical and physical ability.
Football stadium tours (Arsenal, Chelsea.) will take place most weeks as an additional to compliment this academy and can be booked in advance.
Led by our own dance instructors, 3 afternoons per week (2 hours).
Workshops at the famous Pineapple Dance Studios will take place most weeks as an additional to complement this academy and can be booked in advance.
Music Masterclasses (individual tuition)
Taught by qualified professionals, children of all abilities can receive up to 6 hours of tuition on their instrument of choice: guitar (electric and acoustic), drums, saxophone, piano, etc.
Our optional activities and sports at the ACCORD ISS Summer School at Moira House are very popular and there are limited places available. Thus, early booking is recommended if boys and girls are interested in taking part.
- Superb facilities
- 4-6 activities to choose from each afternoon
- Evening entertainment including themed nights, talent shows and discos
- 3 full day excursions for a 2 week stay
- Optional sports and activities available